302 Pondside Drive
White Plains, NY 10607
Mars: Exploring the Red Planet (STEM and CCSS aligned)
This program has not yet been evaluated.
Education: Grade(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, Adult LearnersPublic Library: Library Patrons Content Providers: Content Providers
Social Studies/History, Language Arts/English, Mathematics, Performing Arts, Sciences, Literacy, Writing, Reading, Problem Solving, Standards
Mars:Exploring the Red Planet is an interactive program for grades 1-8 based on the award-winning book, CARS ON MARS. Students will learn about Mars while viewing stunning images of the planet, and learning to apply the CCSS Standard, "Integration of Knowledge and Ideas" while looking at scientific images in nonfiction texts.
1. I briefly introduce myself and my book.
2. I explain how space photography provides scientists with important information
3. We look at images of Mars. Students analyze the images through a guided process which includes specific questions I pose.
4. Students are presented with an image and asked to write a brief caption. Younger students may be asked to share their caption verbally rather than write it down.
5. I reverse the process and provide information I want to show in a picture and ask students to describe how this picture might look.
6. I answer questions.
The participant will
-learn how to look at space photography and discover scientific information in the image
-write a caption to accompany a scientific image
-imagine a picture that would help illustrate a scientific fact (a helpful researching skill)
-gain scientific information/content about Mars and the solar system
-discover the relationship between science and art
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Science as Inquiry
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Unifying concepts and processes in science.
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Physical Science
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Earth and Space Science
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Science and technology
NS K-4, NS 5-8 Science in personal and social perspectives
Interactive Premium: $300.00
View Only: 300.00
View Only Premium: $270.00
Point to Point: $300.00
Point to Point Premium: $270.00
By Request: $300.00
By Request Premium: $270.00
The fee is per site. iNK Think Tank will invoice and collect the fee.
We will not charge for programs canceled due to nature i.e. snow days. We make every effort to reschedule, however, a $100 kill fee will be charged to sites which cancel with less than 48 hours notice.
Request this Program Now
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...) Videoconference – Webcam/desktop (Zoom, Skype, iChat, FieldTripZoom, Vidyo, Movi/Jabber, Blue Jeans, etc...)
For additional assistance, phone 502-409-9777.