|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 146 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Language Arts/English, Social Studies/History|
|Program Description||Learn why Herakles, Athena, and Dionysus populate the CMA galleries in sculpture, coins, vases and a sarcophagus.|
1. Open with discussion of narrative characteristics Greeks and Romans myths.
2. Gods and Heroes comparison interactivity conducted throughout videoconference.
3. View and discuss depictions of Hercules and other gods and heroes in ceramics and sculpture.
4. Using objects from the Cleveland Museum of Art collection such as a sarcophagus, tapestries, and paintings, review myths of Orestes and Perseus.
5. Time permitting, interactivites using role playing or creative revamping of myths according to modern sensibilities.
Students will be able to compare gods and heroes of Greece and Rome, including Hercules, Orestes and Perseus.
Students will understand the importance of mythology in Greek and Roman culture.
Students will learn the characteristics of myth and understand how culture is revealed through the stories it tells.
Students will be introduced to the cultural and historical context of selected works of art and learn how art can tell a story.
Students will be introduced to the characteristics of mythology and learn that ancient myths, legends, and stories are used to explain the natural world, to teach morals, and to entertain.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, the Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration
* Bulk discounts available
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer