Soest op Glasvezel
Phone: +31 88 8949665
we are aiming for: showing the community of Soest in the Netherlands that a decent internet connection can open the World for K12 and midlevel pupils and teachers, and that it is worthwhile to obtain a Fibre to the Home (and to the School) network in Soest.
I’m looking for a 10-15 minute session with someone who can give vivid examples of how videoconferencing has leveraged educational programs. A combination of ‘metainformation’ and content would be welcome:
- Metalevel: how is it being used and perceived
- Content: for instance a museum curator or professor could spend some time to show actual material
We would prefer to use 720p in order to show what quality can do for the span of attention during a session (we will also do a live Skype session with a Dutch politician).
- The date: June 3rd
- The time: 19.45 Central European Summertime (UTC+2)
- Protocol: H.323 (or SIP) over IP, possibly through MCU, 720p
- Subject: examples of the use of (HD) videoconferencing in K12 education
- Audience: parents of K12 that are interested in high-quality internet applications for educational purposes
suggestions are appreciated.
Education: Grade(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, K-12 Educator, Business/Community: : Community Member, Government Agency
Industrial Technology, International, Community Interests, Social Studies/History, Fine Arts, Health/Physical Education, Economics/Business, Family & Consumer Science, Language Arts/English, Mathematics, Performing Arts, Sciences, Special Education, Character Education, Technology/Information Science, Gifted & Talented, Best Practice
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)